Wonderful Paints

Wonderful Paints
Love these paints!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Changes Come in all Shapes

 
 This year we’ve had changes that we weren't expecting, we were unable to do many of the craft fairs and Grower's and Crafter's Markets that we usually did. We both missed the customers that would come back year after year to see our new houses and to just visit. In turn, we did much more business on the internet.

The internet was certainly a life saver this year, Etsy was great, Made in Oregon did great for us and I have learned more and more marketing ideas. I even went to a seminar at the Country Club put on by Facebook, I still need to put that to work but one step at a time.

Between selling from the computer and selling in person I would prefer selling in person. But I have to say the set up and take down of the booth is much more difficult. I learned that, at the Nazarene Church Christmas Fair, thank God for family. My sister, brother and sister-in-law all came to help me set up, Pat, my sister also came both days and helped me sell. I couldn't have done this without their help.

There are good aspects of both ways of selling but I’m really hoping we’ll get back into the swing of things and be able to go to some festivals this year. If not, then the Lord has a different plan for us and we are okay with that too.

I keep getting that nudge to teach, but I’d have to have a lot bigger studio or empty out a lot of birdhouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment