Wonderful Paints

Wonderful Paints
Love these paints!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Year of Firsts

We've had a lot of new things happen to us this last year that kept us on our toes. The new challenge for me was when Tabitha from DecoArt emailed me and asked me if I could come up with a couple of decorating designs for some birdhouses that are sold at Michaels Craft Store.

I have to say, designing for someone else took me completely out of my box. Not only did the design have to be appealing and pretty basic, I had to write the instructions on how to do the project too. I never did well in English in High School, so, you probably know how difficult this was for me and I have realized that is an area I need to work on.

But the wonderful part of this is that I was able to try out DecoArt  Patio Paints and I am so thrilled that I did. These paints are one-step paints, you don't have to seal or varnish after your project is done. they hold up well in the weather, they are water-based and compatible with the other DecoArt paints I use.  Most importantly they are non-toxic.

The paints being non-toxic is very important to Steve and me, we are trying to make sure our birdhouses are as environmentally friendly as absolutely possible, from the wood to the finish. These paints have a really good feel to them when they dry, you can almost feel the seal of the paint when you touch the house. I definitely recommend these paints to anyone painting projects that are to be put outside.

Out of two of the birdhouses that I turned in to DecoArt they used one of them on their website in their project library. What fun this was, I really appreciated the opportunity they gave me. This was one of the great first's of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment